Cherry Tomato Cod Recipe
Recipe and photo by Cōpare Health
Another simple and healthy recipe from our friends at Cōpare Health! We’ve made it even easier by using MightyMeals’ freshly prepared bulk cod to save time and skip a cooking step!
For the Sauce
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
1/4 cup stock (bone broth or veggie broth work)
1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1/2 fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Cod
2 tbs olive oil
1 1/2 pounds fresh cod, cut into 4-5 pieces
OR skip the cook time and use 1 1/2 orders of MightyMeals Bulk Cod instead
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees OR skip if using MightyMeals Bulk Cod.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium, let onions cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, let cook until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and blistered (10-12 minutes).
- Add the stock and let simmer.
- Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper and cook another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- Fresh Cod:
Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Using the same pan, add more oil over medium heat and add the cod face down. Cook for 5 minutes then flip carefully. Transfer to the oven to finish cooking for another 5 minutes.
Cook according to package directions (NOTE: MightyMeals Cod comes pre-seasoned.)
- Pour the sauce over the fish and top with fresh basil. Serve hot and enjoy!