A Mighty Recipe: Maple Bacon Brussels & Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb Mighty Meals Bulk Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper, to your taste
- 4 Strips Thick-Cut Bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put the bacon on a large rimmed baking sheet big enough to fit all the ingredients and bake until very crisp. Take out the bulk items so they can get to room temperature.
- Remove the bacon and put it on paper towels to drain. Pour off the bacon grease and make sure there’s no bacon stuck on the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients 1-4 very well. Add salt & pepper, keeping in mind you can add more later but you can’t take it out. Spread evenly on your baking sheet.
- Bake on the bottom rack for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through, until warmed through and crisp. Top with crumbled bacon.
Meet Addie Claire Merletti, MS, RD, CSCS: AC is originally from Charlotte, NC and got her Bachelor’s degree in both psychology and Spanish at UNC Chapel Hill. She worked in community mental health before going back for her Master’s in Nutrition at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC. AC fell in love with sports nutrition while working with the dietitians at Notre Dame University during her intern year. She feels passionately about using balanced nutrition to support a balanced life, and enjoys helping people use food as a tool to bust through plateaus and hit their goals! Addie is always down to try a new workout and absolutely loves to cook and try new foods. She can make lots of fancy dishes, but her favorite food is anything that resembles PB&J. AC is one of four VIDA Fitness Registered Dietitians.
AC’s favorite MightyMeal is the Basil Pesto Chicken & Orzo.
About VIDA Fitness: VIDA is a premiere health and wellness club comprised of six locations all throughout Washington DC. Our gyms boast state-of-art equipment, and uniquely designed spaces to make your workouts both efficient & productive. We offer a wide array of group fitness classes and personal training options to ensure that everyone is comfortable and supported in achieving their fitness goals. VIDA is all about creating community, and making sure everyone who walks in our doors feels like they are part of our family. Please email [email protected] if you’re interested in learning more about our nutritional counseling services. Connect with VIDA on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.